Sunday, January 10, 2010

Sunday Thoughts

"Teach us to number our days, that we may gain a heart of wisdom."
Psalm 90:12




This year I want to be able to look back and say that the things I said (or didn't say), things I did ( or didn't), and the places and people that I came into contact with mattered.  I want each and every day to be cherished.  I don't want to just look forward to the "next thing" or the weekend or the next payday.  I want to  know that God has a purpose for EACH day for me.  Even that random Thursday when nothing particularly interesting seems to be going on.

I want my days to bring glory and honor to God and blessings in the lives of others.  Especially my family.  I want to really cherish the opportunity I have to take care of my family.  I want people to see the joy that I have because Jesus Christ is alive in my heart.  Life is short.  How do I want to be remembered in this life?  As a person who wished life away or a person who cherished each day for the treasure that it is?  I'll take the latter.  We should treasure each day, each hour as a gift from God and use it to glorify his name!

Instead of counting the hours, make each hour count!



No comments: