Monday, January 11, 2010

Coupons Rock!

I am really trying to maximize money for us.  (Aren't we all?)  So I've been reading all of the coupon blogs that I can find and trying to be efficient with my shopping and planning.  I think I did a really good job today getting things that we will definitely use and eat.

My first stop was Bilo.  I spent $64.70 but look at all the great things I got:



 
Gold Bond cream $2.99




5 lbs. ground chuck and 2 16 oz bags tilapia


20 bottles Powerade $9



2 chuck roasts $8



4 cans Progresso soup and 10 cans Campbell's

I also got 4 lbs sugar, 5 lbs rice, bullion cubes, 2 bags Doritos, 2 cartons of Tropicana OJ

Then it was on to Publix where I spent $31.35.

This is what I got:



All name brand (expensive) items!!

Pretty good day at the grocery store for me.  Nevermind that sucked away most of my day.  School day that is.

2 comments:

Trish @TheOldPostRoad said...

Where do you get your coupons? Internet? Newspaper?
I've GOT to get better with the coupons.
Thanks!
-Trish

Anonymous said...

I get my coupons from the Sunday local paper and I search the internet as well. A great resource that I use is Krazy Coupon Lady's blog. It is full of great info!!
Thanks for stopping by!