Wednesday, January 6, 2010

My Word!

I came across the idea of "word of the year" in several other blogs.  I found it very intriguing.  I have already decided no resolutions--just changes.  I prayed that God would send me the right word for this year.  I prayed for about three days about it and then yesterday the word THINK kept coming to me.  That is my word.

2009 was a very hard year for me.  As a result of NOT thinking about my words, actions, deeds, etc.  the course of my life was dramatically altered.  At first I thought it was devastating.  My life was ruined.  Now I realize that God is perfect.  His timing is perfect.  His path is perfect.  What happened was not a result of what God did.  It was a result of what I didn't do!  I didn't THINK first.

Looking back on the HARDEST year I have ever had, I praise God for it.  It has taught me so much and it has really been a blessing.  Would I have preferred that it happen a different way?  Yes.  Would I prefer change the outcome?  No. 

This year (and every year I hope) I will THINK before I do or say.
How will this affect me?
How will this affect others?
Is this a positive thing to say or do?
Will my actions hurt others?
Do my words and actions bring honor and glory to God?

I could go on and on couldn't I?  I won't.

What is your word for the year?  Does it really reflect what you want to do, be, say, live??

I will THINK in 2010!!




1 comment:

Destination Seaborn said...

I like this idea so much better than a resolution! ~Lisa