Friday, January 15, 2010

Counting the hours or making them count?

I've been thinking a lot lately about whether I am just counting the hours, days, weeks, months, etc or am I making them count?  I think we are all so busy that sometimes we are all guilty of just counting the hours.  I find myself looking forward to the next "thing" and counting down the time until it arrives.  Is that what God intended?  I don't think so.  What if the "unthinkable" happens and we don't make it to the "next thing".  Has our precious time been wasted looking forward to the "thing"?  I want to count on Him!  If God is really what I'm counting on, then I can be free to really make the hours count.  Am I good at this?  No.  I'm human.  Am I really trying to focus on this each day?  Am I being purposeful with my time?  I am trying.  I slip.   I fall.  But guess what?  He is there!  He picks me up!  He reminds me that I am human and it is ok.  He loves me!  He forgives me!  He reminds me to make the hours count!

I made a new sign for my family room.  It is the first thing you see when you enter the house through the back door.  It is a reminder to ALL who enter my home.



This is what I started with.  I painted a base coat of black paint and then hand painted the lettering with an ivory paint.


It is distressed on the edges and has that old worn look--kind of like me!




 
Here is a close up of a corner with distressing.


Another close up.

I'm linking this up to Frugalicious Friday at Finding Fabulous!




Here is a sneak peek at my next project!



1 comment:

Patricia @ 9th and Denver said...

Funny, I was just staring at a piece of plywood the other day thinking...'a blank canvas, what should it say?'

But, I walked away because I could think of nothing so profound enough to be plastered up on the wall for all to see-- and then be expected LIVE BY IT!

I like your sign and the sentiment behind it.