Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Finally Back!

Hopefully my computer issues have been resolved.  I hope to be back more regularly now.  It is amazing how much you miss it when you can't get on the computer and share your stories, news, creations, frustrations, etc!!

Well, while I was having issue with the computer I made something really cute for my daughter who is 13.  This may be the one and only time that what I think is cute and what she thinks is cute actually mesh!!  It all started with this:

Pretty patterned paper and clear marbles from the Dollar Tree.  Well, they aren't technically marble because they are flat on the back.  I originally bought them to make magnets for that magnet board I have yet to create.  I traced around one of the marbles and cut a little "window" in some white cardstock.  My daughter used the window to find just the spot on the patterned paper that she like and traced the outline.  Anyone following me?  I then cut out the outlines and attached the paper to the back of the marble with Diamond Glaze---my new friend.



That is not a great picture.  Sigh.  Oh how I want a new camera.  I digress.  Aren't they cute though??  She picked out her 1st choice favorite and I attached it to a silver ring form.  (Not really sure if that is what they are called but let's go with it)


 
How stinkin cute is that???  She was so excited to wear it to school today!!  This would be a great craft to do at a girl's birthday or sleepover party.  It is super easy and the kids could do the whole thing without much fuss or mess!!

I'm linking up to Kimba's DIY day and Today's Creative Blog





5 comments:

Treasia Stepp said...

What a great idea for unique jewelry. I love this.

Expressions by Heather said...

Cute AND easy- two of my favorite words in crafting.

Please feel free to add these to Talented Tuesdays at My Frugal Family!

http://theherberfamily.blogspot.com/2010/01/talented-tuesday.html

Kristi~The Slipcover Girl said...

how stinkin' cute. i love this! where did you get the ring forms...if u don't mind me asking?

So Sunny Day said...

I've made flat marbles like this before but never thought about making jewelry. Fun idea!

~ Emily N. from "too Blessed to Stress"

mel said...

wow, these are really cute!
and such a great idea for the birthday party too. someday, when i have kids, i'll remember this. ;)