Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Eggs are not pink and purple

I tried.  I really did.  I bought a little wire tree and I was totally gonna do it this year.  So....I couldn't.  Eggs are not pink and purple and they don't grow on trees.  I decided I needed these eggs to look more realistic and rest in cozy nests...as eggs do.

Here is how they started out.  Very bright no?

They came from Dollar Tree so I figured what the heck?

I got out my trusty craft paints--used some naturally occurring in nature colors--and made use of the tacky little tree.  I hung them to dry.


Once they were dry I pulled out the loops and splattered them with watered down burnt umber paint.



Then I placed them around the house in cozy little nests.  

I know birds do not lay eggs in pretty glass jars.  Don't judge me.


Don't you think those look better??  

That is the power of paint.  Go check out some other transformations with the Power of Paint Party at Domestically Speaking.

4 comments:

colorchic said...

Love the eggs, I've got to get the spring time decor out!

Karli said...

You've inspired me to get cracking on my Easter decorations! They all look really great!

Maryann @ Domestically-Speaking said...

They look great! I'm lovin' all the egg projects right now. Thank you for sharing it at the POPP.

Mary Ann said...

What a great idea. I'm going to do that too. I am not fund of the bright eggs since my children no longer wait for the easter bunny.