Tuesday, March 9, 2010

I used my new jigsaw and I still have all my digits!!

I got a new jigsaw for Christmas and just used it for the first time today.  I know--sad.  So I bought a 2x2 pine board at Lowe's and cut it into 4 12x12 pieces.  I know.  They are straight cuts and really simple but hey, it's a start!

I ended up with this:

Then I used this:


I have seen these around different blogs and I also saw it in the Lowe's magazine--which I love.  I bought my rubber swirly doormat at Ross in January to do this project.  It was only $5.99.  I put two of the squares beside either to form a rectangle and covered with my swirly mat.  Then I painted with the infamous Heirloom White.  It did not do the crisp lines that I wanted but still turned out pretty good.



I was planning on hanging them on a blank wall begging for attention but my cuts weren't perfectly straight and I wanted a more crisp line.  I will work on improving my tool skills before I do the next set.

I hung them from my iron plate racks that I got at Salvation Army for $1.99 each.  This wall is separates the kitchen and the den.




Since I'm so proud of using my new saw all by myself, I'm linking up to:



3 comments:

stephanie h said...

What a great idea!! Love it!

Debilou ~ Mississippi Mama said...

I remember seeing another blogger do this and wanted to try it too,, I think yours look great. I like the way you displayed them.

Jane said...

What a cool use for your plate racks! Great job with the jigsaw!