Monday, February 22, 2010

Blooming G

OK--I'm over it.  Winter that is.  Tired of cold, windy, rainy days.  I am not a fan of winter.  I'm ready for new life.  Ready for Spring and the warmth of the sun.  I took down all of my winter decor today and started adding touches of Spring.

I bought several bunches of flowers at Dollar Tree--sorry I didn't take a before pic.  I took the G off of the winter wreath on the front door.
I cut the flowers off of the stems and started hot gluing them to my G.  I had about 3 bunches I think.
Once I had them all hot glued, I trimmed the petals a bit at the opening so it looked more like a G.  Then I took and old canvas and covered it with this great fabric I got at the Habitat ReStore for $1 before Christmas.
I attached the G to the canvas with a matching ribbon and BAM! A blooming G for my front door.  It only cost me $3.00.


Stay tuned for the matching hot glued pillows!!

I'm linking up with Between Naps on the Porch for Metamorphosis Monday
and
The Girl Creative for Just Something I Whipped Up
Also check out the great projects at

No comments: